Prague Sightseeing Attractions
Prague Castle is the most unmistakable fascination attraction in Prague - The turrets of St. Vitus Cathedral, arranged in the focal point of the castle, ruling the horizon of Prague and are obvious from a far distance.
As indicated by the Guinness Book of Records, Prague Castle is the biggest castle in the world. The bastion covers a region of right around 70,000 square meters.
Prague Castle was the royal residence of Bohemia Kings, Emperors of the Holy Roman Empire and the leaders of the Austrian Empire (from 1867 the Austro-Hungarian Empire). Prague Castle was utilized all through history as an administration focal point. Each ruller who ruled Prague made a point to include structures that would propagate his rule. This prompted the way that today the structures in Prague Castle speak to relatively every major engineering style amid the most recent thousand years. Prague Castle incorporates St. Vitus Cathedral, the Romanesque Basilica of St. George, various royal residences, a cloister, gardens and towers.
St. Vitus Cathedral
St. Vitus Cathedral is a Gothic Church, situated in the focal point of Prague Castle. The building fills in the seat of the ecclesiastical overseer of Prague.
St. Vitus Cathedral was built in 1334, when the ministerial office of Prague was raised to the rank of Archbishopric. Ruler Charles IV, leader of the Holy Roman Empire, assigned the Cathedral to be a crowning liturgy church, a burial ground for his family and his last resting place.
Today the building is available to the overall population as one of Prague's most conspicuous destinations. The voyage through the house of prayer incorporates a visit to the Royal Crypt and a toward the southern ringer tower, which offers an astounding perspective of the city of Prague.
St. George's Basilica
St. George's Basilica is a Church situated in Prague Castle. The basilica was established by Vratislaus I, Duke of Bohemia, in 920. The basilica was altogether extended in 973, with the expansion of St. Benedict's Monastery. The basilica was revamped after a fire at 1142. Toward the start of the eighteenth century, the Chapel of St. John was added to the Basilica. In 1887-1908 the basilica was rebuilt, endeavoring to reproduce the romanesque perspective of the basilica. Today St. George's Basilica contains Bohemian art from the nineteenth century.
Golden Lane is a rear way situated in Prague Castle. The rear way was built in the sixteenth century for the gatekeepers of Rudolf II (Holy Roman Emperor).
The name of the Golden Lane is gotten from the way that in the seventeenth century goldsmiths lived there. Despite the fact that the other name of the rear way is Alchemist Alley, chemists have never worked or lived there. The Golden Lane comprises of little houses, painted in an assortment of hues. Initially there were houses on either side of the back street, however one side was wrecked in the nineteenth century. Today the back road houses are utilized as keepsake shops.
Kampa Island is a little island in the core of Prague. The Island was created because of the exhuming of a waterway, that was associated with the Vltava River. The waterway called Čertovka (the Devil's channel) streams water from the Vltava River. The waterway was most likely delved in the twelfth century by the Order of the Knights of Malta, which created the Island of Kampa. Kampa Island has a recreation center called Kampa Park and an exhibition hall called the Kampa Museum.
Charles Bridge is the most well known bridge in Prague. The Bridge, circumscribed by two towers with unmistakable turrets and intersection the Vltava River (between the Old Town and the Little Quarter), was built in the late Middle Ages. The Bridge is named after Charles IV (Holy Roman Emperor).
The length of Charles Bridge is 515 meters between its two towers. The Bridge is 9.5 meters wide. Charles Bridge is for pedestrians only, and you can locate a huge horde of travelers, sellers and couples.
Along the Charles Bridge there are thirty statues of Christian rulers and holy people. Truth be told, these are duplicates. The original figures are situated in Prague National Museum, as they have been harmed throughout the years. The most unmistakable figure on Charles Bridge is a statue of Jesus with a Hebrew engraving. The Hebrew engraving was included in 1696 as discipline for a Jew from Prague.
Old Town Square
Prague's Old Town Square (Staroměstské náměstí) is considered one of the city's most beautiful squares. The publication of the square gave her a number of names - The Clock Square, The Old Town Hall Square and of course Old Town Square.
Sites and buildings in the Old Town Square: The Astronomical Clock, Tyne Church, St. Nikolai Church, Old Town Hall, Kinski Palace and The memorial of Jan Hus.
Prague Astronomical Clock
Prague Astronomical Clock is an astronomical clock, located in Prague's Old Square. The clock was consturcted on October 9, 1410, and is the oldest clock in the world that still works.
The clock rings every hour and starts with a show - bells ringing and the statues around the clock begin to move - the arrogance that holds her hand, the greed in the image of a miser with a sack of coins, a skeleton symbolizing death and the church foe represented by a Muslim infidel.
Church of Our Lady before Týn
Church of Our Lady before Týn, is a Catholic Church located near Prague's Old Town Square. The Church was once the main Cathedral of Prague until the 14th century.
In the 11th century, the Týn Church was built in Romanesque architecture. In 1256 a new Gothic Church was built. The construction of the present Týn Church began in the 14th century. At the beginning of the 15th century, construction was almost completed - the roof and the turrets were not yet built. The roof was built in 1450 and the turrets shortly after.
Wenceslas Square is the heart of Prague's new city. The square, which began in the fourteenth century as a horse market, has become the main place for conferences and demonstrations over the years.
Today the square is a popular meeting place for tourists and locals. Around the square you can find plenty of hotels, restaurants, shops and entertainment venues. The impressive building of the National Museum and the bronze statue of St. Wenceslas overlook the square. Both are two of the square's familiar symbols.
The Jewish Quarter
The Jewish Quarter in Prague was established in the 13th century, and is located between the Vltava River and the Old Town Square. In fact, this is the only area in Prague where Jews were allowed to live. There are several buildings in the quarter, some of which are now used as museums, including the Old Synagogue (the Altneuschul) and the ancient Jewish cemetery.
The Old New Synagogue
The Old New Synagogue in Prague (Altneuschul), was built in 1270 in the Jewish quarter. Altneuschul is the oldest Synagogue in Europe. Also, this is the first Synagogue that used the Star of David as a Jewish symbol, after Karl IV allowed the Jewish community to place a flag on the Synagogue roof.
The Old New Synagogue preserves the traditional Jewish seating arrangements - the women is separate from the men, by a wall surrounding the Synagogue. Narrow windows turn from the women's gallery toward the central space. In Altneuschul there were unique customs, most of which the Maharal himself instituted. The most prominent of them, was saying a psalm for the Sabbath day twice.
Folklore Garden is a unique project offering a wonderful experience of the Czech folk music in a way of an interactive show, in the romantic atmosphere of a small castle and a folklore village.
BAGSMART Travel Bag
Waterproof travel portable bag, for cell phone, data cables, SD card, USB cable, earphones and a charger.
Article by IDAN SEO